Monday 22 June 2015

20: PENDRAGON - Fallen Dreams and Angels (1994)


Introduction by Andrew Halley

I often strip my phone of music, and start loading it up for the next month or so, hoping to try and listen to something new. However, I always put this mini four-track album back, I just can't live without it!

I first heard Fallen Dreams ... whilst walking my then dog on a Welsh beach with a raging hangover. The line from The Third World in the UK;  "I've had too much to drink, I've had too much to smoke" spoke volumes, and by then I'd heard power chords, a great Moog solo, great drumming, and my head had totally cleared. There was also Dune, the fantastic Sister Bluebird with that great key-change coda towards the end, and then the title track. I listened to it all again.

R.I.P. Polo, my Bedlington Terrier. You had some very long walks thanks to prog!


From the 1999 archives, read Dirk van de Hout's original review as part of a Pendragon Review Special.

Read it here  

Listen to a version of the title track from Pendragon's Acoustically Challenged album.
Listen to it here

No comments:

Post a Comment